Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dick Outline 01

1927-01-13: born in Seattle, Washington, United States, to Erwin Morehead & Kathleen Glanville Henderson
1927-01-13: raised on Mercer Island

1945 apx: US Army when he about 18 years old or before that maybe

1950 apx: University of Washington: Business Administration

1950 apx: Seattle: insurance career began

1951-07-03: birth of Marilyn Kathleen Morehead, my mom, Dick's first kid: Seattle, Washington, United States: Dick was 34 years old

1950's/1960's: Casualty Insurance Manager; Portland, OR

1955 apx: moved to Beaverton/PDX when mom was 4 years old apx
1955 apx: birth of Karen Morehead, my mom's sister; maybe Beaverton/PDX
1957 apx: birth of Brian Morehead, my mom's brother; maybe Beaverton/PDX


Bond Manager
Branch Manager

1965: moved to Roseburg as an insurance partner & later merged with Umpqua

1968 apx: his wife, my mom's mom, died

1969 apx: married
2008-10-12: died: Roseburg or Portland, Oregon, USA






Dick Stats
3 kids, 1 step kid
13 grand children
8 great grand children as of 2011 apx (source: Skip maybe)

1st wife: Dwana
2nd wife: Skip Danese Ann

Airplane Engineer
Architect

Math Tutor
Bond Manager
Morning Rotary Club
Paul Harris Member
Community Cancer Center President; Treasurer
Douglas Fir District Boy Scouts Chairman; Merit Award

Hobbies:
Fishing
Golfing
Hiking
Camping
Gardening
Reading







Richard Morehead lived in King County, Washington in 1930. He was the head of the household's son, 3 years old, and identified as white. Richard was born in Washington around 1927. His father was born in Idaho, and his mother was born in Canada. Their names were Erwin Morehead and Kathleen G. Morehead.



Dick Outline 01
By Joey Arnold Oatmeal
2015, September 29th, Tuesday night, 11:42 PM
Old Ink, District 1, Saigon, Vietnam

Dear readers, Dick was my maternal grandpa, Richard Erwin Morehead. His nickname was Dick. My mom's mother, and his first wife, died around 1970, or before that. After that, he married Skip. I've talked to her a few times but it seems that Skip never liked me, Joseph Scott Arnold, the Original Oatmeal, born 1985, February 11, Monday, 6 AM PST apx, in Forest Grove, Oregon, United States. It seems that Skip doesn't like Christians. I'm speculating but I read an article that she probably wrote on the passing of Dick. We will assume that she wrote it. In the article, it talked about Dick's son, Brian, and his wife, Lori, their kids.

After that, she wrote that Dick had a daughter named Danese Ann Gordon (whom married Steve). But she was not his daughter by blood I don't think but rather by law. I think Danese was more a step daughter. These details matter to me to say the least. Steve was like a son to Dick, Skip wrote. Danese was probably a daughter of Skip. Danese probably came from Skip and her first husband. If not, then Danese came from Skip and Dick.

Skip wrote that Dick had two daughters. She wrote about my mother, Marilyn Kathleen Morehead, born 1951, July 3rd. She just wrote my mom's name but did not write the name of my father. After that, Skip wrote about my mom's sister, Karen Williams. After that, it mentioned that Karen's husband, Jimmy Gene Woof Williams died as well that same year of 2008. She just wrote that he died but she at least wrote his name but she didn't write about my family. It seems that Skip has problems with me and my family. It also seems that Dick had problems with my mom as well. I am not here to dwell in the past and to cry.

The moral of the story is to seek sympathy and empathy. We should try harder to understand others more and to care for each other more but I don't think Skip was doing that as much as she could have. Instead, Skip and Dick ridiculed and mocked my mother for her marriage to my father. My mother endured hardships and she was misunderstood. I understand some of it as I live in Vietnam in the year 2015. I came to Vietnam in 2012 and have been here for the past three years and it is interesting. Life is full of surprises. I appreciate my mother more as I grow older in experiences and trials.

Thanks for reading.

Joey Arnold
2015





















No comments:

Post a Comment